The magnificent Ralph Allwood is joined by the Rodolfus Choir to lead you through a day investigating the best and most brilliant opera choruses - what a magnificent way to spend your Saturday!
Pieces covered will include:
- Verdi Anvil Chorus from Il Trovatore
- Mascagni Easter Hymn from Cavelleria Rusticana
- Purcell Dido's Lament and Final Chorus from Dido and Aeneas
- Verdi Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves from Nabucco
- Puccini Humming Chorus from Madama Butterfly
- Verdi Triumphal Scene from Aida
- Wagner Bridal Chorus from Lohengrin
- Wagner Procession and Chorale from Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg
Copies of the pieces will be available on the day.
- 1030 Registration
- 1100 Rehearsals
- 1630 Performance
Tickets £20, £15 concessions (OAPs, students, Friends of Rodolfus or Brandenburg), £10 under 18s. TICKETS NO LONGER AVAILABLE ONLINE - but you can buy on the door (cash or cheque only) before 1100 on Saturday 14 May.
Audience tickets are also available for the informal performance for £10 - click here.
PLEASE NOTE the date of this event has changed from Sat 5 March to Sat 14 May.
There will be no Come & Sing on Sat 5 March.