We welcome the University of Reading Chamber Choir for this sumptuous programme of French vocal music. Joanna Tomlinson will conduct choral works including Fauré's much-loved Cantique de Jean Racine and Duruflé's beautiful Requiem. In between soloists from the choir will perform songs and arias by Fauré, Debussy and Gluck.
- Duruflé Quatre Ubi caritas; Tu es petrus (from Motets sur des thèmes Grégoriens)
- Poulenc O magnum mysterium
- Fauré Songs: Das les Ruines d'une Abbaye; En Priere; Le Secret
- Debussy Beau Soir
- Gluck J'ai perdu mon Euridice
- Saint-Saëns Ave Verum Corpus
- Fauré Cantique de Jean Racine
- Duruflé Requiem
University of Reading Chamber Choir
Mezzo soprano soloists - Orlen Crawford, Ellen Kay-Coles, Lydia Neall, Ilaria Scarponi
Tenor soloist - Mark Bassett
Cello - Martin Tammik
Organ - David Pether
Piano - Susan Holmes
Conductor - Joanna Tomlinson
Tickets £23 (premium) £18 (unreserved) children £5 - book online now.
The premium package includes reserved seat + programme + interval drink.
ABOUT THE PERFORMERS
The University of Reading Chamber Choir, led by Choral Director Joanna Tomlinson, is an auditioned ensemble made up of students and staff of the University. They frequently perform at high profile University events, and are delighted to return to the Brandenburg Festival.